Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sweet, Sweet, Touch

Have you ever experienced a moment where words were not needed to express what is felt? The other mourning I was working out at the local YMCA (my second workout of our new fitness push), as I finished up my last lap in the pool, I got out of the pool to find myself in an enormous amount of pain in the back of my head. I tried to sit down and let it pass but it had no plans of passing. I managed to get changed and make my way to my car but I knew that I couldn't possibly drive while in this much pain. On my way to the car my wife, Angela, had called to see how my workout had gone. I told her that I did something and was in a lot of pain. She told me to stay put and she would come and get me to which I agreed. As I sat in my car waiting for her I tried to not move. At some point I kind of drifted off to sleep. Suddenly there was the sweetest, most affectionate, most kind and gentle touch on my hand. It doesn't sound like much, but in that touch my wife was able to express her deep love and concern for me. As it turns out I am fine, I just need to "go easy" for a while. But I know that what I will always remember about this day is that my wife was able to say "I Love You " simply by means of her sweet, sweet touch.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Awe! Well, that was a very sweet post. I love you and am very glad that you hadn't seriously hurt yourself that day.

;o)

I love you!
~Angela